Budgets for Video Marketing are constantly in flux due to the decrease in equipment costs and efficiencies of production, but increase in amount of content that’s necessary to beat through the competition. Gordon Tredgold has pieced together a list of twenty fantastic statistics that provide a small sampling of why budgets should continue to rise for this content marketing segment.
Here are 20 additional reasons why you should make you rethink your video marketing plans for 2017.
- By 2019 Video will represent over 80% of all Internet traffic says a new study from Cisco, and for the US it will be over 85%.
- According to a report published by Forrester, including video in an email leads to a whopping 200-300% increase in click-through rate.
- Unbounce reports that including video on a landing page can increase conversion by 80%.
- YouTube reports mobile video consumption rises 100% every year.
- 90% of user say that seeing a video about a product is helpful in the decision process.
- 65% of executives visit the marketer’s website, and 39% call a vendor after viewing a video according to Forbes.
- Forrester researcher Dr. James McQuivey estimates that one minute of video is equal to 1.8 million words.
- According to NIELSEN Wire, 36% of online consumers trust video ads.
- 92% of mobile video consumers share videos with others, according to Invodo.
- After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online, according to ComScore.
- 72 Hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute, according to YouTube.
- 96% of B2B organizations use video in some capacity in their marketing campaigns of which 73% report positive results to their ROI, according to a survey conducted by ReelSEO.
- According to an Australian Retailer, real estate listings that include a video receive 403% more inquiries than those without.
- According to Forbes, 59% of executives would rather watch a video than read text.
- Enjoyment of video ads increases purchase intent by 97% and brand association by 139% according to Unruly.
- According to VINDICO, 80% of online video ads are abandoned within the first half of the ad.
- 50% of executives look for more information after seeing a product/service in a video, according to Forbes.
- According to Visible Measures, 20% of viewers will click away from a video in 10 seconds or fewer.
- 45% of viewers will stop watching a video after 1 minute and 60% by 2 minutes, according to Visible Measures.
- According to Jun Group, videos that are 15 seconds or shorter are shared 37% more often than those that last between 30 seconds and 1 minute.
– via Inc.
If you are curious about how to work in an increase to your budget, but are unsure of how that increase will be efficiently spent, talk to your Digital Media Producer about what ideas they have to maximize your budget’s value.